- The idea of single stories
- What society thinks about one perspective
- The false assumptions single stories can lead you to
- There were no connections of equality
- To look at one point of view/perspective is wrong. A healthy story should have different point of views in order to be balanced.
- The idea about stories being dependent on power
- The fact that single stories make a story incomplete
- One assumption of view of a person can make many people relate it and therefore mislead their path
I think the main aim of this talk was to depict the fact that single stories are a bad influence and only look at one perspective. They related it to a Nigerian woman's life/experience to show what society relates from single stories. They show people one thing over and over again and we must overlook the idea and write from different perspectives.